Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And so it is...

In work, as in life in general, what is sometimes most important, more important than the victories and achievements, awards and money, is the dignity and grace with which we conduct ourselves along the way. Whether we can look at ourselves in the mirror without a sense of guilt or shame, whether indeed we are capable still of any amount of objectivity when it comes to ourselves.
It is this that I realized on a recent project that I was on. Perhaps I had a sense of it already, even if only theoretically, but difficult situations tend to reaffirm our beliefs. Or perhaps test them. And a test it was… one that I barely survived. Certainly would not have without the unfailing support and caring love of the man I was working under, and who I shall forever be indebted to, for everything that he was for me, and continues to be.
I often feel that I have been supremely lucky in finding the people that I have in my life, people who genuinely care about me. But more importantly, good people, with love and compassion in their hearts. The world’s a beautiful place because people like that exist and some of them are gracious enough to take lost souls like me under their wings…

No comments: